Advanced courses in Thai Massage
Thai Massage training beyond the beginners course
Sunshine Massage School in Chiang Mai is famous for the quality of its Thai Yoga Massage Beginner's course. This is the foundation for further studies and also a perquisite for the Advanced Thai Massage courses proposed on this site.
Advanced Thai Massage courses
We are always happy to answer your questions, you can get in touch with us.
Customised programs for extended and intensive Thai Massage studies are available:
We understand that students coming to Sunshine Massage School are here for serious studies.
Often students have a limited amount of time in Chiang Mai and would like to maximize their study by combining courses into one longer, more comprehensive program.
Each of our courses can be taken individually, or as part of a larger curriculum comprised of multiple courses.
Among the many interesting advanced trainings offered here:
Introduction to Thai Traditional Medicine ( 5 days )
Like other traditional therapeutic disciplines, Thai Massage comes within its own system, its own view of the world.
Like Abhyanga in the Ayurvedic traditional system, Tuina in the traditional Chinese medicine, Nuad Boran, the Thai traditional massage belongs to the Thai traditional medicine universe.
> 25 to 29 July 2022
Foreigners when they learn Thai massage are rarely exposed to the unique and rich Thai traditional view of therapy.
It is why Sunshine invited an experienced traditional therapist to take you through a 5 day exploration of this traditional approach.
Thai Acupressure for orthopedic Disorders ( 10 Days )
Traditional Thai point combinations
This course with Noam proposes you a rich collection of treatment protocols for orthopaedic disorders of both the lower and upper part of the body.
- Middle back disorders - 3 treatment protocols
- Low back disorders - 7 treatment protocols
- Hip disorders - 2 treatment protocols
- Leg disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Knee disorders - 3 treatment protocols
- Ankle sprains - 4 treatment protocols
- Foot disorders - 2 treatment protocols
- Toe sprains - 5 treatment protocols
- Headaches - 4 treatment protocols
- Face disorders - 2 treatment protocols
- Neck disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Shoulder disorders - 6 treatment protocols
- Arm disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Elbow disorders - 3 treatment protocols
- Wrist disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Finger sprains - 5 treatment protocols
Advanced Thai Massage: Side Position ( 5 days )
Developing techniques and whole body massage in the side position.
This course is designed to help you develop specific techniques and a whole body massage in the side position.
This approach is relevant to massage people with back pain and/or pregnant women.
As your practice of Traditional Thai Massage develops, you come to realize that an important proportion of your clients come for relief of back pain or emotional issues. Working from the side position also allows recipients to turn inwards, toward themselves, allowing the masseuse to gently facilitate the healing of emotional and physical blocks.
With pregnancy and back problems, it is often too painful to lie in the supine or prone position, but from the side position, you can still offer a complete Thai Massage treatment.
- Thai Yoga Massage for pregnant women.
- How to relieve back pain, both chronic and acute.
- Assisting people in an emotional state and those who have difficulty connecting with themselves.
- Whole body Thai Yoga Massage in the Side Position.
You can also visit the 2 other websites from Sunshine:
As you know, Sunshine is renown for its Beginners Course:
These courses run for 2 weeks and start on Monday of every week. Click this link to visit the Beginners Thai Massage Course website.
Sunshine also facilitates bodyworkers dedicated workshops.
Sunshine Massage School
School for Traditional Thai Massage in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Accredited by the Thai Ministry of Education and Thai Ministry of Health.