Advanced courses in Traditional Thai Massage
Beyond the beginners course
Sunshine Massage School in Chiang Mai is famous for the quality of its Thai Yoga Massage Beginner's course. This is the foundation for further studies and also a perquisite for the Advanced Thai Massage courses proposed on this site.
Advanced Thai Massage courses
Here is a list of the Chronological list of all our advanced Thai massage Courses and Workshops.
We are always happy to answer your questions, you can get in touch with us.
Customised programs for extended and intensive Thai Massage studies are available:
We understand that students coming to Sunshine Massage School are here for serious studies.
Often students have a limited amount of time in Chiang Mai and would like to maximize their study by combining courses into one longer, more comprehensive program.
Each of our courses can be taken individually, or as part of a larger curriculum comprised of multiple courses.
Among the many interesting courses offered, we suggest:
Advanced Thai Traditional Massage: Side Position
Developing techniques and whole body massage in the side position.
This course is designed to help you develop specific techniques and a whole body massage in the side position.
This approach is relevant to massage people with back pain and/or pregnant women.
As your practice of Traditional Thai Massage develops, you come to realize that an important proportion of your clients come for relief of back pain or emotional issues. Working from the side position also allows recipients to turn inwards, toward themselves, allowing the masseuse to gently facilitate the healing of emotional and physical blocks.
With pregnancy and back problems, it is often too painful to lie in the supine or prone position, but from the side position, you can still offer a complete Thai Massage treatment.
- Thai Yoga Massage for pregnant women.
- How to relieve back pain, both chronic and acute.
- Assisting people in an emotional state and those who have difficulty connecting with themselves.
- Whole body Thai Yoga Massage in the Side Position.
Thai Acupressure for orthopedic Disorders
Traditional Thai point combinations
This course with Noam proposes you a rich collection of treatment protocols for orthopaedic disorders of both the lower and upper part of the body.
- Middle back disorders - 3 treatment protocols
- Low back disorders - 7 treatment protocols
- Hip disorders - 2 treatment protocols
- Leg disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Knee disorders - 3 treatment protocols
- Ankle sprains - 4 treatment protocols
- Foot disorders - 2 treatment protocols
- Toe sprains - 5 treatment protocols
- Headaches - 4 treatment protocols
- Face disorders - 2 treatment protocols
- Neck disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Shoulder disorders - 6 treatment protocols
- Arm disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Elbow disorders - 3 treatment protocols
- Wrist disorders - 4 treatment protocols
- Finger sprains - 5 treatment protocols
Thai Style Head Massage
Knowing how to massage the head, neck and upper body is important for any practitioner.
with Sukha Wong
Thai Head Massage is a popular treatment working on the face, scalp, neck, shoulders and upper back.
Sukha is a recognized Therapist and Instructor in the community. Born in Hong Kong and raised in Montreal, Canada, her East meets West upbringing truly brought a special balance to her work and has had many influences in her teachings, notably Kam Thye Chow to whom she was very close.
Advanced Thai Massage with the Feet
Protect your wrists and save energy in your practice
In this course with Ralf Marzen you will learn how to give a complete Thai Massage using only your feet.
Using your feet in Thai Massage has many benefits for both giver and receiver. Incorporating this new way of working into your massages will make a big difference to your practice.
We will cover the general principles and body mechanics of this working style as well as a multitude of effective and creative techniques.
In this course you will learn how to
- Protect your wrists and shoulders from overuse or injury and last longer as a therapist
- Give deep pressure for big or strong clients without straining yourself
- Focus on strong grounding for both yourself and your client during a treatment
- Work with less 'doing' and effort in your practice
- Release subtle energies so that your own system stays clear during and after a treatment
- Work with more creativity and full embodiment
You can also visit the 2 other websites from Sunshine:
As you know, Sunshine is renown for its Beginners Course:
These courses run for 2 weeks and start on Monday of every week. Click this link to visit the Beginners Thai Massage Course website.
These workshops are not exactly about Thai Massage but we host them because we believe that they can be useful for Thai massage practitioners.